Welcome

This blog was created in order for me to brag about my perfect son. :) A lot of friends and family members are not close enough to see Tyson everyday so I update this blog every few days [if not more] in order for all of you to "watch" him grow and keep up with his learning and accomplishments. Hope you enjoy!!

Your 2 Year Old

Two-year-olds give the biggest hugs, flash the biggest smiles, and yes, throw the loudest, most spectacular tantrums. Because they live in the moment, their feelings are especially transparent. It's tempting to want to keep things happy for your child at all times. But it's also important for her to experience emotions like sadness, frustration, and anger without always being "rescued" by Mom or Dad, so she can learn to cope better with small setbacks.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rash Be Gone



So after my poor baby's fever broke he broke out in this reash for 3 days. Justin noticed it first on his back and arms. I didnt think it was anything because sometimes he gets these red bumps on his arms anyways. BUT THEN, later that day it was spreading all over his body. From his face to his toes. I got worried and after already being at the hospital 5 times in 5 days, i was dreading having to go back. This all happened on a Sunday and we already had a follow-up appt on Monday so teh advice nurse over the phone said that since it wasnt itching him and he wasnt having any difficulties from it then we could wait it out. I mean he was acting perfectly fin as before he was sick, just a little spotted.

Monday morning it got worse and was more red. I had looked up a few things about rashes and saw that it could have been a virus called ROSEOLA. It usually happens in children 6mo-3yrs of ages starting in a high fever for 3-5 days then a rash for a few days. Sounded exactly like that. The doctor didnt tell me that's what it was for sure but she did say it was probably a virus and it's common for younger children to get rashes for a few days after having a fever for so long and it should clear in a few days. Well the next day i t was practically gone and the day after that my lil guy was ALL BACK TO NORMAL!!! yay i'm so happy to have his smiling face back.

I know the pics are small but if you click on them you can see the rash better.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

awww poor baby! I would have been freaking out!! I'm so glad he's okay!

Doris Bass Foster said...

I told Justin it was probably roseola or a fever rash...haha just call me Auntie doctor...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin