Welcome

This blog was created in order for me to brag about my perfect son. :) A lot of friends and family members are not close enough to see Tyson everyday so I update this blog every few days [if not more] in order for all of you to "watch" him grow and keep up with his learning and accomplishments. Hope you enjoy!!

Your 2 Year Old

Two-year-olds give the biggest hugs, flash the biggest smiles, and yes, throw the loudest, most spectacular tantrums. Because they live in the moment, their feelings are especially transparent. It's tempting to want to keep things happy for your child at all times. But it's also important for her to experience emotions like sadness, frustration, and anger without always being "rescued" by Mom or Dad, so she can learn to cope better with small setbacks.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!!!

Today was Tyson's second 4th of July. 1st where he can actually enjoy it. Last year he was only 3 months old so he didn't really get to enjoy the food and celebration. This year Justin and I went over to his aunt Sherry's house. She had some family over for swimming, games, movies, and food. When we arrived Tyson's cousins were already taking advantage of the pool. Grandma Stacey volunteered to go in with Tyson which saved me from having to where a bathing suit although the water looked great. Lucky Tyson, swimming twice within a few days. He enjoyed the water this time even getting dunked once more by grandma.

After the pool we put on a copied version of the move Hangover and startedd to watch it downstairs. Of course until the little cousins came in. We had to turn it off because it's definitely not a movie for small ears. Everyone finished watching it upstairs though.

After a while most of us went out into the front yard and hung out a little bit. Tyson got to explore the streets a little bit. Taking grandma Stacey and I for a trip up the court around the other houses. It was uphill and going downhill was a little scary because Tyson kept trying to run down and I was afraid he was going to fall.
Of course the food was the best part. There was very good food might I add. They had chicken, ribs, mash potatoes, salad, and tons of desserts. The mash potatoes were my favorite. I think Tyson's too because he had more then enough of it. They were so good. The dessert was even better because I am a sweet head. Looked too good to eat.

Of course being the "wanna-be" photographer I am, I took some time to get in some very good pictures. My FAVORITE being the MOON. I have this other lens that zooms in very far and the moon was out before it got completely dark so I decided to see how close I could get. I was absolutely AMAZED!!! it looks like a satellite picture or something. You tell me how u like it?


At around 8:30pm we headed off to see some fireworks. I was very determined to get Tyson to see the fireworks. I wanted to see his reaction. We drove down to warner center and parked in the promenade and watched them from the parking lot. There were tons of people on the street watching. Even the traffic on the streets stopped for the show. It was about a 20 minute show and Tyson was amazed the entire time. He actually watched the whole thing. Sometimes even putting his hands in the air with excitement. Crazy to think that in a few years he'll be begging me to go see them. I'm glad he got to enjoy them this time.

1 comments:

Doris Bass Foster said...

The picture of the moon is amazing...it is nice that the family gets together for holidays...it is great not to be alone... Hope all had a nice time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin