Welcome

This blog was created in order for me to brag about my perfect son. :) A lot of friends and family members are not close enough to see Tyson everyday so I update this blog every few days [if not more] in order for all of you to "watch" him grow and keep up with his learning and accomplishments. Hope you enjoy!!

Your 2 Year Old

Two-year-olds give the biggest hugs, flash the biggest smiles, and yes, throw the loudest, most spectacular tantrums. Because they live in the moment, their feelings are especially transparent. It's tempting to want to keep things happy for your child at all times. But it's also important for her to experience emotions like sadness, frustration, and anger without always being "rescued" by Mom or Dad, so she can learn to cope better with small setbacks.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mommy Group: Summer Celebration

Yesterday we met up with Laura and baby Alex and went to Summer Celebration in Woodley Park. When we got there, there were already a lot of people there. There was a band playing music and people BBQing and a few bounce houses and kids games. Most people were laying on blankets around the band.

It was Laura and I's first meetup with the Valley Mom's Social Club so we decided to go together. We saw the mom's laying on a blanket near the bounce houses. They had a sign up that said Valley Mom's so we knew who they were. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. We sat with Devora who was super mom of the day. I didnt have too many snacks for Tyson because we had to go to the grocery store but Devora had every snack in teh book in her back and was so willing to share and make sure Tyson had enough to eat. She even shared the meat off of her own sandwich. We needed sun tan lotion and she had that as well. She had the bag of magic tricks.

Most of the celebration I of course spent running around after Tyson. He loves to wander off away from the rest of the group. So I was walking around the outskirts of the party following him. I kept trying to keep him dstracted from walking away, one idea was taking him into the playground area. It is so funny because he isnt really used to sand yet. He's kinda scared of it. I'll take his shoes off and stand him in the sand and he just looks afraid to move. I'm sure it feels different underneath his feet. Then he'll bend down and touch the sand and put his hand up like "Look it's on my hand". He walks so slowly around too as if he doesnt want to fall and get dirty.

We played in the sand for a while then we were off wandering around the park again. My next move was to bribe him with food. Of course food I didnt bring. The mom's group had provided drinks so I let him drink his very own Koolaid pouch. It didnt stay in his mout for too long. He would sip out of the straw then every few times he would just let it flow out of his mouth and it would get all over his shirt. Being that it was red, there I was wiping his shirt with wipes so that his shirt wouldnt stain. It worked until he started drinking again. We then just sat and listened to the music. Got into the crowd and danced a little bit and after that we decided to go home. Well to the grocery store.

We had fun at the celebration. I like doing little park parties like this. So I'm sure this summer we'll be at a few more.



1 comments:

Doris Bass Foster said...

He is so smart...so beautiful...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin