Welcome

This blog was created in order for me to brag about my perfect son. :) A lot of friends and family members are not close enough to see Tyson everyday so I update this blog every few days [if not more] in order for all of you to "watch" him grow and keep up with his learning and accomplishments. Hope you enjoy!!

Your 2 Year Old

Two-year-olds give the biggest hugs, flash the biggest smiles, and yes, throw the loudest, most spectacular tantrums. Because they live in the moment, their feelings are especially transparent. It's tempting to want to keep things happy for your child at all times. But it's also important for her to experience emotions like sadness, frustration, and anger without always being "rescued" by Mom or Dad, so she can learn to cope better with small setbacks.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

FIRST DAY!


Today was Tyson's 1st day in daycare EVER! I starting working again after being lucky and having 7 months off (not counting the short time i went back to work for 3 weeks in so-cal). I was very excited for him because I really like the place I picked. Cindy has had daycare in her same home for 18 years. Her and her sister watch a total of 14 children. I know it's a lot but they are all very well behaved and most of them have been with her for a long time. Half of the kids go to school during the day while the other half stay home because they are younger. With the younger kids she does "school" with them everyday teaching them their alphabet, letters, how to write, and even how to read. A lot of the children she has are pretty advanced for their age which is very important to me because that means Tyson is going to be in a very enriched environment.

Before Tyson's first day today we visited her house two times interviewing and watching how Cindy, her sister, and the other kids engaged with Tyson. They ALL love him! especially all the little girls, of course! The first time we were there I ended up staying an hour and a half just talking to Cindy and watching her interaction with the other children. They are all really well behaved and get along great with the babies.

Today when I arrived all the children were telling Cindy "Tyson is here, Tyson is here". They were all excited he was coming. The older kids were already off to school when I arrived so they didnt get to see him. She told me even the older kids were looking forward to seeing and playing with Tyson today but after I told her my mother was going to pick him up at 2pm, she said the other kids would be very sad they would miss him (b/c they would be returning from school right after he left). When I left him for the day he was already just playing with the toys and the other kids just fitting right in. I picked him up to say goodbye and he didnt even care, he just tried to get back on the ground to play with the toys again.... I was sad!!!

Of course I met my mother at Cindy's house today when she picked him up because I had to see how he did. Of course, he did GREAT! Tomorrow will be his first FULL day so hopefully it'll go just as good. I can't imagine otherwise though. The only difference is that ALL the kids will be there in the afternoon so it will actually be more eventful for him.

Tyson and Alexandria are the only infants Cindy watches. Alexandria is 8 months (9 soon). The next oldest is 2 years old. So she is his new friend! She is really advanced for her age and Cindy believes it is because of the other children. She will be teaching Tyson a lot. She has been crawling for a while now and Cindy said that yesterday she took her first two steps. She said she even said HI. She will be walking easily within a few days. Today when I was there she just stood up by herself with no help at all. No grabbing on to anything except for a pillow on the ground to pull her up. And she stood there for a few seconds just balanced. I was shocked!
I feel very comfortable with Tyson at this place and Im looking forward to see how much he is going to learn from the other kids. Tomorrow is a whole new day!



1 comments:

Doris Bass Foster said...

he just looks so cute...surrounded by all the kids. He just loves people and I am glad he is having fun. I miss him and can't wait to see him again...soon I hope.

Love,
Auntie Doris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin