Welcome

This blog was created in order for me to brag about my perfect son. :) A lot of friends and family members are not close enough to see Tyson everyday so I update this blog every few days [if not more] in order for all of you to "watch" him grow and keep up with his learning and accomplishments. Hope you enjoy!!

Your 2 Year Old

Two-year-olds give the biggest hugs, flash the biggest smiles, and yes, throw the loudest, most spectacular tantrums. Because they live in the moment, their feelings are especially transparent. It's tempting to want to keep things happy for your child at all times. But it's also important for her to experience emotions like sadness, frustration, and anger without always being "rescued" by Mom or Dad, so she can learn to cope better with small setbacks.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

In Loving Memory

So today was a very tragic day in the world as earlier in the morning Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with cancer and later in the afternoon Michael Jackson passed from a cardiac arrest.

I personally never had much of a connection with Farrah Fawcett as she was not really my era but I was aware of her battle with cancer and how she was nearing her end. It is sad that her death seemed to be surpassed by the death of Michael Jackson so I felt the need to give her a little tribute here on Tyson's blog as well.

Michael Jackson on the other hand has been very saddening for me. He was just so HUGE in the world and has had an influence on a substantial amount of people, myself included. I completely remember my mom having the BAD record and waking up and taking the record and playing it really early in the morning. It was and probably still is one of my favorite. I also remember watching the movie moonwalk repeated times. I have always liked Michael Jackson and always stood by him through everything he ever went through. I was completely SHOCKED by his death and I still feel a little bit of denial as if he is going to come back.

Thinking about his influence, I can not think of any other person who has inspired and influenced so many people. EVERYONE knows who he is. Even kids who were born way after he was a big deal. He is the one musician that has completely TIMELESS music. And the main thing is that ALL OF HIS MUSIC is timeless. Not just one or two tracks. There are other artist who do have timeless music such as the Beatles for example but I personally do not feel that even they have inspired such a WIDE range of people and genres. Michael Jackson touched every age, race, culture, genre, and creed. and it is amazing that through everything he's been through people still stand behind him 100%.

I just felt the overwhelming need to show my respects and be apart of honoring his death. Also being that I actually live in LA, I am a fan, and have the opportunity more then others, I wanted to go somewhere and show my respects. I never really venture into the LA/Hollywood area that much but being that Friday (the day after his death) we had a mommy group in west LA not too far from the Hollywood Walk of Fame, we decided to go visit Michael and Farrah's star.

It was MADNESS down there. We stopped by Farrah's star on the way b/c we parked right near it and it was on the way to Michael's. Hers was easy bc there were not so many people blocking it. Michael's star was INSANE. There were media and cops everywhere. They had completey blocked of near his star and they were only letting people walk down the street one way. There was a group of people in line to walk past his star and pay their respects. Only a few people were allowed to walk by at a time so it took a while for us to get through. Tyson was in his small stroller too so it was hard bc it got so crowded not counting it was probably over 100 degrees outside. Towards the end Tyson started crying and trying to get out of his seat and he was getting crowded over thatI had to get him out of seat while holding my HUGE purse/diaper bag, my camera, adn his stroller. I lifted him up and some nice people helped my fold his stroller that then had to hold as well as Tyson was crying his head off. But were were so close to the front I was NOT going to turn back. We finally made it through and I was able to put Ty back in his stroller before my arm was about to fall off.

I wanted to take a picture of Tyson during all of this so when he gets older and he hears about how big Michael Jackson was, it'll be great for him to have a picture knowng that he was part of his memorial and tribute. I mean I would love to have a picture of me at Elvis' memorial, i think that would have been a cool picture to have BUT then again, I wasn't born when he died. :)


Here's Tyson next to Michael's Star.... even he looks sad... Or just hot!

Here is a picture of all the news trucks and media in front of his star

Here is a closeup of just the star and all the flowers and notes and pictures

Here is the picture of Farrah's star and all her flowers and pictures.


REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JACKSON 1958 - 2009



Align CenterREST IN PEACE FARRAH FAWCETT 1947 - 2009

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin