Welcome

This blog was created in order for me to brag about my perfect son. :) A lot of friends and family members are not close enough to see Tyson everyday so I update this blog every few days [if not more] in order for all of you to "watch" him grow and keep up with his learning and accomplishments. Hope you enjoy!!

Your 2 Year Old

Two-year-olds give the biggest hugs, flash the biggest smiles, and yes, throw the loudest, most spectacular tantrums. Because they live in the moment, their feelings are especially transparent. It's tempting to want to keep things happy for your child at all times. But it's also important for her to experience emotions like sadness, frustration, and anger without always being "rescued" by Mom or Dad, so she can learn to cope better with small setbacks.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mommy Group: Creative Leap

Man I hate that I have been slacking so much lately. I actually miss posting little videos and pictures on here almost daily. Now i'm lucky if i get weekly.

NEwho, my friend Sandy was telling me how she joined a mommy group and they meet up often and do things with the kids and have mommy nights out. Well i got pretty interested since Tyson and I stay are at home most of the days. I thought this is a great way to get to meet other moms for me to become friends with and for Tyson to have the opportunity to meet other kids to interact with. Well asked her about the groups and she opened me up to Meetup.com. I joined about two weeks ago and I am now in 4 mommy groups who all do different types of things.
When you go to this site you can look up groups for just about anything. You type in your zip and you get groups in your area. So of course I looked up some mommy groups and found a bunch. The ones I am in are definitely active too.

When you join the group the organizer has to accept you as a member and when they do you are welcome to browse the calendar for upcoming events. So far I have something to do almost everyday for the next two weeks. LOL. It's great to actually get out of the house and meet new people and SOCIALIZE. All of the moms are so great and accepting and I cant wait to do more things together. I have been to 6 meetups already including a picnic at the park, a walk around Lake Balboa, two different music classes, an indoor playgym, and today we went to Color Me Mine and made some art. We have so much more coming up as well. We have Travel Town which is the train museum near the zoo, the Getty Center, Under the Sea (another indoor playground), Kidspace, Fathers Bowling Day (yes the fathers can meet each other too). I am looking forward to all the events. I think its great to meet other people with kids because you can relate on a whole different level. And when your kids are similar in age you can share stories and learn new things from each other. It's also great when birthdays come around so there can actually be kids there :)

Well here are a few pictures of Tyson at the Creative Leap (the indoor playground) from Tuesday. Enjoy!





0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin